SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Thermal Guard Replacement Crank

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Hello,

I am having trouble opening and closing my crank out Thermal Guard Conserver windows. It opens fine, but when you try to close it, it doesn't catch on to the gear. I have attached a picture of the area. Please let me know what part I would need to purchase. If you need additional information please let me know.
A user submited photo of window crank
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for the great pictures! It could be that your operator gear is stripped at a certain spot. I recommend disconnecting the operator and removing it from your window. Then, try to open and close the window sash manually to see if the window still hangs up. If not, then the operator could be bad, and you'd have to replace it.

I would take a look at our 39-253L Maxim Dual Arm Operator, which appears to be similar to your own hardware. You should also check to see if you need the small black track guide; that could be our 39-529 Truth Hardware Track Slider.
A quick learner says:
Thanks Dave. The part matched perfectly and I was able to fix the windows without a problem. Thanks again! Frank
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Great news! Glad to hear that our hardware worked for you, Frank. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)