SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Thermal gard windows

A handy person from USA says:
We installed thermal gard windows (T-55model) for several years and have had a lot of problems with the pivot shoes.

We are in a rural agriculture area with a lot of fine dirt and dust which finds its way on top of the cam then when it is rotated to wash the window the debris is turned into the space around the cam and it freezes up. Even to the point that the red cam simply splits when you move the window to release it.

We have gone out and replaced the entire pivot shoe assembly, but in a few years the problem presents itself again. Any thoughts or suggestions for a real solution I can send you several examples of what they look like after failing. Un-happy CornHusker !!!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I'm familiar with your problem. The pivot shoe I think you are talking about is our 15-070. Does that look familiar to you? Either way, do not use oil to lubricate the shoe or tracks, because that attracts sand and dirt. I think you'll be better off with a silicone spray.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)