SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Thicker Kerf Door Seal or other options.

A home owner from USA says:
We have ants (not small ones) coming in under the back door.

We can see some light between door and frame above the threshold.

It looks like we have Frost King DS7B kerf seal and that looks to be the same size as your 58-506.

We wondered if there was a larger size (not kerf but the seal side) option?

We could use 58-180 attached to the door frame and that would sit between seal layers but that seems to be a bit of a kludge.

Thought or helpful advice?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You could possibly use the nail-on type door weather stripping, the 58-169. With this, you can set it up against the door to make a tight seal. Also take a look at our 58-184 corner seals. These are good to install at the bottom corners of the door where the side weather stripping on the jamb meets the threshold.

Ants are a problem at my house, as well. What I did was get "Terro" liquid ant bait and leave one by the back door. It seems to attract the ants and keep them in that one spot most of the time. I also contacted an exterminator, and he told me that normal household ants are the hardest to get rid of, but the liquid bait was the best solution I found, personally. Just make sure they are not carpenter ants or termites!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)