SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Thicker Weatherstripping kerf for front door

A handy person from USA says:
Hello,

I'm looking for replacement weatherstripping for my front door. I have vinyl, with a kerf. The products at Lowes/Home Depot etc all have a kerf width of 1/8", mine is thicker at least 1/4". If I place the 1/8" kerf in there, it just falls out. I've searched on the net and did notice you carry the #58-058, but the kerf width is 1/8", do you have anything wider?

Thanks,
Duane
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Duane. Did you mean our 58-053? If so, this isn't usually used for doors, which would explain why its kerf is so much smaller than yours. How about our 58-056? Is that a better match?
A handy person says:
The kerf width of 58-056 is also 1/8" The description states "Kerf Width: .125" Product 58-056 is close, just would need the Kerf Width to be .250" Do you carry this item with the wider kerf?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I actually had this same exact problem with my own door at home! I was able to use our 58-169 successfully. Because its nailed in, rather than relying on a kerf, you can install it in the wide channel any way you want. Check it out and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)