SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Thicker Weatherstripping kerf for front door

A handy person from USA says:
Hello,

I'm looking for replacement weatherstripping for my front door. I have vinyl, with a kerf. The products at Lowes/Home Depot etc all have a kerf width of 1/8", mine is thicker at least 1/4". If I place the 1/8" kerf in there, it just falls out. I've searched on the net and did notice you carry the #58-058, but the kerf width is 1/8", do you have anything wider?

Thanks,
Duane
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Duane. Did you mean our 58-053? If so, this isn't usually used for doors, which would explain why its kerf is so much smaller than yours. How about our 58-056? Is that a better match?
A handy person says:
The kerf width of 58-056 is also 1/8" The description states "Kerf Width: .125" Product 58-056 is close, just would need the Kerf Width to be .250" Do you carry this item with the wider kerf?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I actually had this same exact problem with my own door at home! I was able to use our 58-169 successfully. Because its nailed in, rather than relying on a kerf, you can install it in the wide channel any way you want. Check it out and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)