Thickness of Strike End

A quick learner from Central PA says:
I need to replace some plastic hopper window latches, and wanted to go with metal instead of the cheap plastic, as the plastic ones keep breaking. Can you tell me the thickness of the striker end of this lock? It looks like it would work with my existing keepers, but I want to be sure.

Or... is there anyone who makes a hopper latch handle and keeper out of metal?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I took both locks out of stock and matched them up. Both striker end dimensions are fairly close in size. The plastic one has it's "nose" tapered down on the left side. I believe that's so that it will lock more easily. What you might need to do is to file down the metal 38-065 a little to help it lock into the keeper. That said, it does seem that they could be interchangeable with each other.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.