SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

This is a casement window opener that lacks its crank

A home owner from San Diego California says:
So this is a window crank that does not have a handle, or else an opener that lacks its crank. Another window in the same house has a small removable crank. The opening is square, and that makes it difficult to measure. The part that inserts into the opening on the other window's small brass crank/handle is 1/4 inch, but this is definitely bigger, because that crank just rattles around in this opening. It's difficult to measure the interior of a receptable, what would you use, a pair of calipers? In any case, the dimension of the square end that inserts is somewhere between 3/8 of an inch and 5/16. Are there any standard sizes of these cranks?
User submitted photos of a window operator.
User submitted a photo of a window operator handle.
Hey, just wanted to say that I identified the item on your website. Sorry, I should have been able to figure that out on my own without bothering you. I purchased "Wood Casement Crank Handle, Brass Finish 39-347".

Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm glad you were able to find something, though you said you need something larger than a 1/4", while our 39-347 is 1/4" square. You might want to consider a new operator like our 39-268. Your operator could be an older model with a larger hole.
Ah, right you are. So that will be useful strictly as a replacement for the existing one. I had cognitive blindness there for a second. So you'd say they no longer make anything larger than 1/4 inch?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid not. That's why I think it might be a good idea to just replace the operator itself. That way you can just mount it to the window without worrying about if it will fit or not.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)