This is the part that slides along the rail in a vinyl window

A quick learner from Jersey City says:
This is the part that slides along the rail in a vinyl window
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Start by looking at our 15-135 pivot shoe. This may be it, though I highly recommend making sure our measurements match yours.
A quick learner from New York says:
Thanks vey much, that was the part, but on closer inspection it looks fine.

However the attached photos show the part that is definitely broken. If you can identify this part most appreciated.

It's the bottom piece in the pic that is cracked.

Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how to restring the window. A long spring dropped out from behind a thin metal casing. If you know of any resource on your site or on the web that might instruct on how to restring/rehang the window that would also be most helpful.

Thanks again,
Mike

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Your new pictures appear to be of a spring and pulley system that fell out of a channel balance. You cannot restring or replace the spring, unfortunately. The balance is irreparably damaged, so the only option is to replace the channel balance itself. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.