Length of Series 795?

A home owner says:
Hello,

The balance I need is a plain channel block and tackle for a tilt in window.
I'm pretty sure I need a 795 channel balance. I'm not sure about the length. depending on how I measure it it could be 20-22 inches. The stamp on the balance is 20 9BSI. I think that means that I need a 20in balance, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Roy
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Roy. The only way to measure the length of this kind of balance is by measuring the metal channel alone. How long is that?
A home owner says:
The metal channel alone is 21 inches.
Profile picture of Tom
Great. If you have the Series 795 then I recommend our S795-21. The only thing left to determine is the stamp option, which indicates the strength of the spring. We have a chart on the S795-21 store page that lists each option and how much weight they can support. All you need to do is weigh your sash on a scale and cross-reference the weigh to this chart.
A quick learner says:
My balance is not a 795. Your 795 balance looks just like my balance. Does the stamp on my balance 20 9BSI mean anything to you? My window sash weighs 30lb. Its a large window 51" X 48". (Whole window)
Profile picture of Tom
The stamp only tells us how strong the spring is. The only way we can know for sure what Series you have is if you send us more detailed pictures. We need to clearly see the bottom of the balance (specifically, the shoe) and the top clip, so we can see how it attaches to the frame.
A quick learner says:
I am confident that the 795 is the correct one. So I would need a 21" 795 code E S795-21E?
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for clarifying! We were just a little confused as to what Series you had. You said in your prior post that it was not a Series 795. However if you are now sure that it is, then a stamp option of 21E will not work for you. As you can see on the chart, it can only hold 21 through 26 pounds. Your balance will have to be custom made with a 26F option, which can carry 26 through 30 pounds. If you are certain that you have a Series 795, this can be easily done.

Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
A quick learner from Titusville Fl. says:
I received the new window balance. The install was very easy! The window works beautifully! Thank you you for all of your help.
Roy
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.