Thumb Latch Deadbolt Handle Set, 1-3/4" - Product Code 40-057

A home owner from USA says:
This appears to be a perfect replacement for the very old, broken thumb latch handle on my storm door (the deadbolt upper latch works fine, but the lower latch no longer engages when you press the thumb control in the handle. They look exactly the same and the measurements match. However, I have one question.

On my current set, the lower interior latch
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, it looks like your post was cut off (in a very anti-climactic way!). Can you specify as to what the problem is? Thank you!
A home owner from USA says:
The lower interior latch (not the upper deadbolt latch controlled by the key) no longer engages when you use the thumb control on the outside or the latch handle on the inside. That is really the only part that needs to be replaced.

My question is this: the current lower interior latch has a small sliding bar that locks the latch tongue in place against the strike plate. Does the lower interior latch on this product have the same feature? If not, is there any 1-3/4" interior latch that does?

I've come across an interior latch with a similar sliding control for a non-keyed deadbolt, but that is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that locks the latch tongue.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure which inside handle you need, but take a look at our 40-052, 40-053, and 40-117. I believe one of these could match your lock set.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.