SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Thumb Latch required

A home owner from Scotland says:
Good evening,

Can you supply a replacement Thumb Latch for the Sash Controls handle shown on the attached, please ? The part number of the handle is 060-154 plus a fourth number which might be a 0 or 6 or maybe even the letter C.

The thumb latch has the part number 760

Thanks, Colin
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Colin. I'm having a bit of trouble finding this. Could you confirm the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center? That would be a huge help.
Good evening and thank you for your reply. The fixing holes are 10cm apart.

I am also attaching photos of the (broken) thumb latch.

Regards, Colin
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Good evening, the distance between the two fixing holes is 10cm. Do you need a photograph of the actual latch ?

Regards, Colin
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid Sash Control is no longer in business. I would suggest considering something like our 82-035 or 82-069. Both of these handles have a "floating" turn lever, which means you can place it in any position on the handle to fit your door (top, bottom, or middle). We also carry the 82-107 turn lever kit in white, but not sure if it will fit your existing handle. You might be better off purchasing a complete handle set.
A professional from CA says:
82-100 is another option. You would have to use self tapping screws to attach it. You could replace the self tappers with flat heads after tapping. I've done this with good results.
Thanks for your response.
82-107 looks alright. Is it powder-coated onto white-metal/aluminium ? In which case I could easily remove the paint so it matches the handle.

How long is the lever-pin ?

If it's any help, it has to engage with an Adams Rite mortice hook lock.

Regards, Colin
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, glad to hear it. The lever pin is approximately 1-13/32" long. It is powder-coated zinc.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)