Tilt Safe latch

A home owner from San Antonio, Texas says:

My computer was acting up earlier and I am not sure if you received the previous email, but I now have pictures. I have Season All Industries windows, model 195 that were installed in 1985. I have at least one latch and possibly some more that are broken.

I spoke with one of your representatives today and she suggested that I contact the parts department. My latch looks like your Neutral Top Tilt Latch 26-215, with the same dimensions, except that mine is black and not white. Are you able to get it in black? She mentioned that I might be able to use either 26-177 and 26-176, but they are not like what I currently have.

If you can not get the 26-215 in black, would it be possible to take a latch off of the top of the window to use on the lower window and use the white latch on the top where it would not show? What would you suggest I do and would any of the 3 options work?

I am selling the home, but would like to replace the latch as I think it might be something the buyer would want to have replaced. I have already invested in replacing many of the fogged windows.

User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 26-215 looks like the best match for what you need. These were used by Seasonall. You could swap out the ones on the top sash with the lower sash where they would be visible and install the new white ones on the top sash where nobody will see them. The 26-176 and 26-177 are similar but still look a little too different. If the holes are close enough and you might not have to re drill, but I'm not sure.
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.