SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt Vinyl Window Balance

A handy person from Vienna, VA says:
Please tell me if you have this part -- I could use a handful. I don't see a brand on the window anywhere.
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the clear picture. That shoe closely resembles our 15-175, which works with our Series 152 coil spring. Let me know if you agree.
A quick learner from Vienna, VA says:
Yes! Seems identical! Except, mine has the coil attached via screw to the side-upper-left corner (see my new pic). How does the coil attach to yours?
User submitted photo of their window balance.
BTW: For others -- I removed this by first trimming the lip inside the sash. I have sliding pieces of plastic / inserts that cover that area, so I had no issue with taking my Dremmel and trimming it up so I could remove the shoe, then the sliding piece of plastic will go back in place. If I was going to do a bunch of these I would absolutely get the sash spreader from Swisco, but I only need to do one or two.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, glad to hear it. Ours actually attaches to the coil in the same exact way.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)