Tilt Window Channel Balance

A home owner from Venice says:
1. unique 27-E-50 28.0 INCHES LG. Window Wt. 31 lbs.

2. unique 27-F-60 28.0 INCHES LG. " " 44 lbs.

3. U.B. 27G 28.0 INCHES LG. " " 44 lbs.

4. unique 21-E-50 22.0 inches Lg. " " 24.5 lbs.

Can you match this ident. with replacement hardware?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting on the discussion board. I just need a bit more information.

To help us identify the correct replacement hardware for your application, please remove the balances from your window and take a few pictures of the attachments on both ends of your balance. This will help us find the appropriate Series. In the meantime, you can browse through our Tilt Window Channel Balance category and see if you can find the Series you need.
A quick learner from Venice, FL. says:
Thank you for your reply. I have matched both ends of the balance springs with your Series 770 Tilt Channel Balance and are a perfect match.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us! Now, before I can recommend the appropriate options for these balances, can you just confirm that their lengths are 28" for the first three and 22" for the last one? Based on their stamps, I think they may be 27" and 21". Make sure that you're only measuring the metal channel. Let me know!
A quick learner from Venice, FL. says:
The measurement was made on the metal channel as shown for your Series 770 Tilt Window Balance.
I also provided the weight for each window.

28E WAS 31.O lbs.
28F " 44.0 lbs.
22E " 24.5 lbs.

Your load rating for 28F IS 32.0 lbs. to 36.0 lbs.
Do you make a 28G with a higher load rating?
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us. I think you may be confused. The stamps aren't serial numbers, they are indicators of the balances' weight ranges. 28G can't have a higher load rating because it is the load rating!

That said, we can make Series 770 balances to accommodate these window sash weights, but a few of them will have to be custom made.

Let's start from the top:

1. I recommend the S770-28 with a 28E stamp option. 28E can support a window sash weight range of 28 through 32 pounds.

2. This balance will have to be custom made with a stamp of 28I, which can support 43 through 45 pounds. To begin, please take a look at this 28" Series 770 Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I have started for you and fill out the Contact and Shipping information. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly thereafter.

3. Since this Series 770 is 28" long and for a window sash of 44 pounds, I'd once again recommend the custom balance with the 28I stamp. Please see the order form above.

4. This balance will have to be custom made as well, this time with the 22E stamp. The 22E stamp can hold 24 through 27 pounds. Please see this 22" Series 770 Custom Order Form and fill out the Shipping and Contact information.

I hope this information has helped you! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.