SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Looking for an old latch similar to the 26-054

A landlord from Jacksonville, FL says:
My latch on my tilt window is broken. The latch is very similiar to your Latch Product Code: 26-054. In fact I think the top part of the latch is a perfect fit, but the other side that screws into the window is not the same.

As you can see in the photo the top is similair. I did not include the spring in any of the photos. I have placed the broken part on a sheet of paper with its measurements.

I do not know if I can cut Product Code: 26-054 to make it fit or not.

Any recommendations.

A user submitted image of tilt window latch
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting to our discussion board!

We have had a couple other posts regarding similar tilt latches, which can been seen here and here.

Now, if yours is a match to theirs, which it appears to be, then it is discontinued and no longer available. We have not been able to locate a specific Left or Right handed replacement, but have recommended the 26-054 Neutral Top Tilt Latch.

Sorry we could not come up with anymore information regarding your original tilt latch.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)