Tilt Window Part

A home owner from North Carolina says:
I need help replacing the part in the attached picture that's broken.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I recognize this hardware. I'm afraid that this shoe and balance are no longer made in this style, but a newer style does exist that can replace them. The only problem is that you have to replace the entire balance, rather than just the shoe. Before I recommend anything, though, can you just tell me how the balance attaches at the top? Does it use a hook or a screw tab?
A home owner from NC says:
Hi Tom, it's a hook. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Okay, great. I suspected as much but I just wanted to make sure. We will need to custom make this balance for you. I'm thinking of using our Series 795 channel balance, but altered so that it instead has a 15-194 1" wide shoe and 15-198 installation hook. Does that look good to you? If so, I need three last pieces of information: I will need the length of the metal channel, the stamp printed on it, and how many in total that you need. Once I have that, I can send you a price quote and order form.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.