SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt Window Replacement Parts

A handy person from Mount Kisco says:
Hi there,

Thanks for your help. I am a DIYer and I am not only interested in purchasing 10 pivot bars, 6 pivot lock shoes, and 4 right and 5 left window latches - all from the same type of windows, but I would pick your brain to tell me the type of windows, the age approximately, make, model and lif expectancy, the window weaknesses and strengths and their r factor.

All your time and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Leo
A customer submitted photo of vinyl window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! For the pivot bar, please take a look at our 26-377. For the top tilt latches, look at our 26-263 and 26-264. The balance may be our S770, and for the pivot shoe look at 15-135. Do all these parts look like they may work? Make sure to compare the dimensions to your own hardware just to make sure.

Now, for the information about these types of windows: from the information you supplied, it sounds like you have a welded vinyl window, but I don't recognize the manufacturer or age of your window. The life expectancy of vinyl windows are still out for discussion. Unlike wood or metal, the vinyl windows can crack or break with rough use. That said, many people I have talked to that have replaced their windows with vinyl have been very pleased with the ease of operation and warmth of their vinyl windows. On a regular vinyl window, you could be looking at an R factor of R2 with clear insulated glass. If you have LowE/argon insulated glass the R factor could be R3. It's hard to say without knowing the manufacture of your window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)