SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt Window release Lever

A quick learner from Mt Holly NJ says:
Need 4 release levers - ordered 26-001 from your company but they didn't fit - the arm on the locking devise is 1/4" thick and the prongs on the lever must face in to be able to clip onto the arm- I have included pictures of the locking arm and a shot of where the lever fits in - the picture with the lever reflects the position -the lever pictured is the one I received from you which was to small and the prongs are outward instead of inward.

Thank you
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think you may have an old Slocomb window. Can you confirm? If so, check out our 26-006. I'm afraid it only comes in beige.

To be honest, these internal-latch levers can be very tricky to replace even in normal circumstances. Rather than guess, I think you may want to consider replacing this with a surface-mounted tilt latch. Watch the video below for more information.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)