SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt keys and slide bolts

A handy person from USA says:
I have top/side and bottom triple track storm window screen frame. The dimensions are shown in the attached images.

I prefer to use crimp-in die-cast components, and will miter the frame corners. Can you recommend which Swisco parts of the following types I should use? The frame notch for the slide bolt plunger is 3/8 inches.

1) Tilt corners
2) Slide bolts / springs
3) Regular corners if not part of the slide bolts

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Dave, hopefully we can help. Take a look at our 3/16" x 3/16" corners: 95-002 and 95-140. For the latches, look at our 91-026 and 91-027, as well as the 91-102 spring. I believe these could work on your screen frame. In your photos you do not show the size of the channel where the corner keys or the latches go into so I'm not totally sure, but let me know what you think.
A handy person says:
Please see the attached images with more dimensions that I measured directly. Your suggestions look like the right sizes.

Regarding the slide bolts, with the 91-026 style, the spring sits in the frame channel and up against the nub on the upper right corner of the slide bolt. The opposite end of the spring needs to push against something - do I need to put a rivet in the frame to push against the other end of the spring?
User submitted diagrams of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Looking at those dimensions, I do believe the corners I suggested before are the best we have. As for the spring, you will need to add a stop in the frame. I believe a pop rivet like our 33-006 would be a good fit. You could dimple the frame with a center punch and hammer, but I think the pop rivet would be better. Also make sure that you set the correct tension on the spring for the latch to operate. Take a look at our videos on corner key and latch installation to give you some idea on what to do. You can see them on the right hand side of this page.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)