SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Do you have this tilt latch

A home owner from Akron Ohio says:
There is no info written on the windows. Every latch has the same pat # but different letter in center. This one is a K. Thank you.

Todd
User submitted pictures of tilt latches.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Todd. How about our 26-298 & 26-299? These look pretty similar to what you have. Compare dimensions and let me know if you agree.
A home owner from Akron Ohio says:
I was looking at the 26-243 and 26-244. Don't you think they look closer? Should I send pics with a measuring tape in it? I just think they have a closer look.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I suggested the 26-298 and 26-299 because of the shape of the tooth for these latches. The tooth for the 26-243 and 26-244 doesn't have that sharp curve, and may not work.

Seeing pictures of a tape measurer held up to your latch won't help too much, as we cannot get an exact measurement that way, but if you carefully compare the dimensions we show for the 26-298 and 26-299 to your own latch, you can see exactly where they might differ. Let me know!
A quick learner from Akron, Oh says:
Thanks Tom, I compared the shape of the teeth and I agree with you. I placed an order for 6 of each side and wanted to thank you for your help. Sending you a picture saved me from needing to return them and I would recommend the service to others. Thanks again.

Todd
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)