SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt latch

A handy person says:
Looking for a replacement for a left tilt latch, need some help identifying one, thanks so much!
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Without seeing the "tooth," I can't be sure of the correct replacement, but start by looking at our 26-243 and 26-244. Do you think these can work for you?
A handy person says:
I tried to take a picture of the "tooth" I hope this was correct photo of what you were talking about
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid not. The tooth is actually broken off of the part you have pictured. Did you see our. 26-243 and 26-244? It is the pointed part of the latch that retracts when you pull in on the lever.
A home owner says:
Alright I took a pic of the "tooth" I hope this helps some, thank you, I did take a look at those part numbers, they do look similar,is the length usually 2 58 on these latches? The tilt latch(26-263) I got is the wrong one,I'm returning it, when I put it in it slides back and forth and won't snap in place
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks, that's exactly what we needed to see! However, the 26-263 and 26-264 are what I would recommend. I'm surprised they didn't work. It sounds like it might be an issue with the pocket in which the tilt latch installs, though. Check out the video below, this may offer some more insight.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)