Tilt latch broken

A quick learner from Maryland says:
I have attached some pictures of what my current tilt latches look like. Note the rounded piece on top of the sash slides in and out to release the stop holding the window in the track. One of the pictures shows the side of the window where the stop would come out(on this window, the stop is broken off).

I'm wondering if my best bet is to replace with top mounted tilt latches.
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thumb button looks like our 23-312, which means the inside tilt latch could be our 26-211. You will need to remove both of yours to compare. We have detailed pictures and dimensions you can use for comparison.
A quick learner says:
Thank you.

I'm curious. How do you remove the inside tilt latch? Does the window frame have to be removed as it doesn't just slide out?
Profile picture of Paul
First, pop the thumb button actuator off and see if the inside tilt latch slides out. If not, you may need to also take off the top sash covering. Based on your second photo, it looks like it just snaps on.
A quick learner says:
Thanks Paul,

The tilt latch is screwed into place so it does not slide out. After further investigation, the top sash cover can be slid(with a little tapping) from side to side to access the tilt latches. Your recommendations of latches were the right ones and I have placed an order today.

Appreciate the assistance.
Profile picture of Paul
Awesome, thank you for the order!
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.