SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt latch for Farley 2 series double hung windows

A home owner from New York says:
I will need 8 right sided tilt latches and 6 left sided tilt latches. This tilt latch has no screws, it slides into window frame and is a pressure fit. On the side view, disregard the height measurement as this measurement is for the width on the first image.

Thank you.
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Take a look at our 26-244 and 26-243 and let me know if they match your existing hardware.
A home owner from New York says:
Hi Paul,
The 26-244 and 26-243 fits the window but will not extend into the window frame. I had purchased this kind of latch before but the spring loaded latch part will not fit into the groove in the window frame because the latch part sits too far forward. I need one where the spring loaded latch sits further back so it can snap into the window frame groove. Do you carry such an item?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmm. I'm surprised they didn't work. There shouldn't be a lot of space between the side of the sash and the jamb track. Are your windows bowed in the middle where the top and bottom sashes meet? That might account for why the "tongue" didn't reach.

We also have the 26-263 and 26-264, whose "tongues" extend slightly further, but depending on the gap between the sash and the jamb track they may also not work. If you want, you can take a few pictures of where these install and we can try to come up with a better solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)