SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt latches for a Pacific Industries, Modesto window

A distributor from Napa says:
Looking for tilt latches for Pacific Industries, Modesto 1995 vinyl single hung white, I think they are out business. There are 100+- homes in this development, our home has 8 single hung. Thanks Bob A
User submitted photo of their tilt latch from a Pacific Industries window.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience.

Start out by taking a look at the 26-089P White Tilt Latch Pair. Compare them to your original latches and let us know what you think.

If you're uncertain you can always reply with dimensions so we can give you some input.
A quick learner from Vacaville says:
Has anyone tried the 26-089P to see if it works on the Modesto 1995 vinyl window?
A home owner from Danville says:
Dan I have the exact latch on my Pacific industries aluminum windows. I ordered these and will see if I can make them work. I suspect I may need to drill new holes in the frame. Did you have any luck finding the exact latch ?

MIke. I need 3 pairs because the end broke odd the sliding part
A handy person from Oakley ca says:
Did the replacement tilt latch work for the Pacific Industry part? Measurements seem a little short. If they work I will be doing at least two houses worth of windows.
A quick learner from Danville ca says:
I also need the pacific industries latches. Did anyone find one that actually fit and worked? Mine looks just like the one the distributor from Napa posted the picture of. I also live in Danville like the other guy looking for these....thank you for any response you take the time to provide.
A quick learner from San jose says:
I also have the Pacific Industries window with the tilt latch shown above. Did anyone who posted here try the 26-089P latch and does it match. Please let me know as I need to do latch replacements but the closest match that I have seen are these ones. Just wanted to check if anyone had success.
A contractor from Folsom CA says:
Elliot home in Folsom CA c. 1997 with Pacific Industries windows. Single hung has tilt latch as pictured above.

26-089P may have different dimensions than this latch. Overall length of latch in hand without latch bolt is 2 7/16". Length to dedicated screw (the vertical screw) CL is 2 7/32" (rather than 2 1/16"). Measure from that screw CL to inside L is 1 7/8". And the latch bolt itself has a chamfer whereas 26-089P seems to have a flat latch bolt.

I take it no one has actually yet tried the 26-089P.

I'm still looking.

A home owner from Oakdale and SanJose CA says:
Tilt latches 26-089P.

These will work on my Pacific industries tilt windows.
Must drill small hole for lower inside screw, the one located at the top of the sides of the window frame. These WORK!!!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)