SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt sash window balance

A home owner from Stockbridge Georgia says:
no markings found, tube is 29 1/2
spring is 17 1/2
Traco Window
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, could you send us some photos so we can assure we find the right part for you?
A home owner from Stockbridge Ga says:
Does this help
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
It sure does. This looks like our Series 850 block and tackle balance. Look it over and let me know if you agree! One thing to keep in mind is the thickness. Yours looks like it's a little on the skinny side. Could you tell me the diameter of the balance? That would allow us to confirm whether the Series 850 could work.
the rod part is 3/16 of a inch, the spring is 3/8 of a inch. The 850 series does look like it will work. How do I determine the length to get.
A home owner from Stockbridge, Ga says:
The tube is 1/4
the spring is 3/8
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for clarifying! That means this balance will need to be custom made. That shouldn't be a problem, it's not altogether uncommon. Can you just tell me how many you need? Once I have that I can send you a price quote.
The ones I have show you are for the upstairs, I need some for downstairs but the windows are larger in length and width. What information would you need for those. I would like to order at the same time as the upstairs. I need six for upstairs.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. I will need the same exact information you provided for the upstairs balances already.
I need 34.5 white shoe for downstairs
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Is the shoe also 15/16", and is the spring diameter also 3/8"?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)