SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt window hardware

A handy person from Salt Lake City, Utah says:
See attached photo. There are no identifying labels or stamps on the aluminum windows from approximately 1985. The sash is single strength insulated glass and is 22.5" w x 26" tall.

I can't match the tilt latches or sash pivot bars to anything in your parts catalog. Can you help?

The sash weighs 9.5 pounds. The spiral balance is 3/8" diameter and the tube is 29 inches in length - black color tip. And the pivot lock shoes are 3/8" thick.

Thank you
A customer submitted photo of various window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! For the pivot shoe and pivot bar, please take a look at our 15-045 and 26-041, respectively. Make sure to compare the dimensions of our 15-045 to your own pivot shoe to make sure that they will match!

For the tilt latch, please see our 26-126 and also compare it to your hardware.

Finally, for your balances, I believe that you have one of our Series 900 balances. However, before I can recommend anything, could you please tell me the weight of your sash?
A quick learner from Salt Lake City says:
The sash weighs 9.5 pounds.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Please take a look at our S900-29 spiral balance with a red tip.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)