Tilt window latch 3.375 inches long

A quick learner from NYC says:
we have Champion window, maybe 10 years old and need inside latch for tilt windows very much like your part 26-345 exceptours measures 1.375 inches by 3.375 inches Black
A user submited photo of window tilt latches
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I don't think this is like the 26-345; that's an internal latch, and it looks like you have a surface mounted tilt latch. Please look through that section and see if you can find anything that matches your own hardware.

If you aren't sure, please give me the distance between the installation holes, center-to-center, as well as the width of the latch. This will get us started on finding a new replacement for you!
A quick learner says:
the distance between the installation screws center to center is 2 and 5/16
and the width of the latch is 1 and 1/8
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for getting back to us. Can you confirm that the width is 1-1/8"? I can't find any latches that have a 2-5/16" screw hole distance with a 1-1/8" width.

However, please look at our 26-188 Black Metal neutral Tilt latch. It seems very similar to your own hardware. Do you think that this might work? Please let me know!
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, I see. That certainly seems a lot closer to our 26-188 than it did before! Do you think it will work?
A quick learner says:
I remeasured and it is 1 and 3/16 It has the number P52 on the piece that slides back and forth
A quick learner from NYC says:
I have the same issue- did this work!? Same window, same part, same problem!
A home owner from Brooklyn says:
I would like to know if this latch worked? I have a broken Champion internal latch also and I want to know of this replacement piece is a perfect match?
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.