SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tilt window sash lock

A handy person from Florida says:
The lock is on a Annadale Millwork Allied Systems window. The lock has screw holes 2 1/4" center to center and are 1/2" from the rear of the lock. The cam projection is 1/4" and the cam is only .165" thick. Marked on the bottom of the latch is 11R-3
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. How about our 90-287? This appears similar, but let me know what you think.
The 90-287 has a 3/8" cam which is too long and I can't tell how thick it is. I have tried to use a sash lock like the 90-287 and it would not lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... I may have a solution. Take a look at the 90-005 lock. The holes are set back 3/8" and it has a 3/8" long tongue. I believe that if you install this lock set using the same existing holes it's placement and lock should be where it needs to be to lock the window. You will be moving the 90-005 lock 1/8" back to meet up with the 1/2" back set existing holes. When you do that the 3/8" tongue will also be back 1/8". Does this make sense? Sorry if I'm being confusing!
Thanks. The 90-005 lock appears to be what I need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)