SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tips for Installing bracket 17-012

A home owner from Northbrook says:
I've found your discussion board very helpful, but I couldn't find one bit of information.

Are there any tricks to install the 17-012 bracket. It looks pretty obvious. Simply screw it to the bottom of the sash. Maybe instructions come with the bracket. Mine should arrive in a day or so.

In my case the sash is not removable. Is there an easy way to aline the bracket in the correct position in the center of the sash run?

Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you have a builder's grade window. These are always tricky to work with. What I did back in the day was to raise up the sash all the way so that you can get to the bottom of it. Either prop it up or have someone hold it up for you. Make sure that the balance spiral has fallen to the window sill so that you can clip the 17-012 bracket to the spiral tip. Then you just have to push the spiral up and screw the 17-012 to the bottom of the sash.

With the bracket attached to the bottom of the sash, you should use a charging tool like the 75-004 or 75-005 to charge up the spiral, then attach the spiral tip back into the fork of the 17-012. You might need to install some 67-002 face guides on the sides of the sash to keep it straight in the track, but it depends on what you have now.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)