Tips for anyone considering buying the HD Kenlin Sockets

A home owner from Highlands Ranch says:
Just finished replacing 7 of these in a Chris Madden branded dresser purchased from JCPenney's a few years ago. Figured I'd post my experience to help others. These parts are the exact, real deal, replacement parts for my application. Fit perfect. Work perfect. I bought the Heavy Duty (HD) ones with the metal plate in the hopes that they'll wear better than the originals. We'll see.

Two points I want to get across to anyone considering buying these:
  1. You WILL need longer/larger screws if you use the HD drawer guide with the metal plate. The original screws are just not long enough. I know, in theory, it's only an extra 1/16" of an inch because of the plate, but in reality you'll need longer screws. The extra thickness of the plate does not affect the function, alignment or closed depth of the drawers.

2. The u-shaped metal tube which sits in the groove on the bottom of the drawer (and which this 32-082 part fits into) has an arrow-shaped tab that sticks out from the back of the drawer. That tab is supposed to fit into a small slot on the 32-082 part. With the prescence of the metal reinforcing plate on the 32-082, it looks like that tab won't fit into the slot. I even removed the tab on one of my 7 drawers because I thought it wouldn't work. Well, be diligent and push hard, because that tab WILL go through the slot, even with the HD plate. Worked perfectly on my remaining 6 drawers. Just align it correctly, push hard and be careful not to bend that aluminum tab downward as you're pushing. Or you can just get the part without the HD plate.

Good luck!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting these great tips. I am sure they will help others out there in the same situation.
How to replace a Kenlin drawer socket
How to replace a Kenlin drawer socket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.