SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Too Thin of Weather stripping

A home owner from Milton, FL says:
The weather stripping I purchased at The Home Depot made by MD Products does not fill the gap between the door and jam. There is approximately an 1/8 of a inch of daylight coming through. The current weather stripping pushes into a groove on the door jam. The door is a exterior metal door.

The product dimensions from the box are 9 x 1.1 x 8.8 inches. This is the widest carried at Home Depot and Lowe's.

The product is well made, just I need a wider product to completely make the jam and door tight.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Believe it or not, I had the same problem when replacing the weather stripping at my house. What I did was use our 58-169, which is similar to the one you purchased. All I had to do was adjust the foam seal to the door and secure it with some small nails. I recommend doing it during the day, so you can see where the light is coming in around the door. We also carry the 58-184 foam pad, which goes in the corners of the door jamb to help seal out the cold.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)