Tool for popping out glazing clip and identify part

A home owner from Texas says:
I've attached two photos. One is two small holes that are located around my aluminum glazing strips -I understand that there is a tool that is inserted into these holes to pop out the clips holding the glazing strip in place. The other is of a part located at the top of a spiral balance. The screw for the balance goes through this piece, into the balance then into the window frame/sash. Please help identify.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe there is a particular tool to remove snap in glazing bead from a window sash. I normally used a putty knife to remove it, but other people have other methods they prefer. If you use a putty knife, just try and catch the edge of the beading. However being an aluminum beading it could bend when it is removed, so take your time!

The other part you show in your photo is a sash stop. It secures the balance at the top of the track and prevents the window sash from going too high, which could possibly damage the balance. I believe you should try to take the pressure off the balance before removing screw. If you don't remove the tension, the screw could go flying when you are removing it from the track.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.