SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alenco Top Sash Guide

A quick learner from Austin, TX says:
I know what replacement channel balances I need as I have ordered before for another window. I need to replace my top sash guides on 4 windows now and three more later. Here are the measurements attached as well a picture of the old guide. It screws on to the window through the second hold down which I measure a 23/32. The only thing I find that might work is your 18-009 but it is shorter overall. I do not know if this would be an issue. where it engages the channel balance
User submitted a photo of a top sash guide.
A quick learner from Austin, TX says:
I think I solved my issue, I found another top sash guide i took off another window and it appears to be exactly the same as your 18-009. The windows are identical Alenco. I guess they use whatever hardware they have on hand to assemble.
User submitted a photo of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Many Alenco customers in the past have used our 18-009 top sash guide with success. I think this may be the best match we have. As you said, it's possible the original installers just used whatever they had on hand. Happens all the time!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)