Top Sash Guides

A quick learner from Mount Pleasant, S.C. 29466 says:
I have looked thru all of the top sashes you sell and I'm really unsure exactly what I have. They have popped out all over the house. I was also wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent my windows from allowing water to leak in on my window seal? I don't want to replace my windows, just want to ones I have to seal good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
Another set of pictures on caps
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
Yet a third set to identify what balance guide caps I have.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. This top sash guide looks a lot like our 18-166. Check it out and see if you agree.
It does, I was curious about the measurements. I found what I thought was them, and was having trouble with the exact measurements. The installation has a lot to do with water coming in. It pools water inside the bottom piece of channel and eventually finds it's way in. I have used some silicone to stop it for now. There are pieces of felt on the window facing out, are they replaceable? Will the aluminum sash caps fit my windows?

I also want to add that we have been in the house for 10 years and the sun has broke the plastic down is why they are popping out. Shady sides of house the sash caps still look good, but if I start replacing some, I Midas well do them all!! Again, thank you for your help! It's nice to still be able to have someone help in a reasonable amount of time! It's something that's getting harder and harder to find on anything now a days!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm happy to help! We do carry wool pile, but I do not know what you have. Check out our selection of wool pile and see if there is a match here.

I do not think an aluminum top sash guide will fit your sash as well as the original nylon pieces. It may be best to stick with what the original builders had installed.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.