Top roller for metal bi-fold door

A home owner from Wilmington, NC says:
This looks like what I need to replace, but how do I remove the old one? It appears to have a plastic piece that is glued in place. Any suggestions?
A home owner from Wilmington, NC says:
Here is a picture of the part.
bifold door part
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I would believe that a top pivot pin would be spring loaded to keep it up into the top track. Is there a part missing from the one in your photo? Do have another pin that has all its parts that we can see? Seeing the track itself would also help. This one really is a head scratcher.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For metal doors, I believe these pins are force-fit. You should be able to gently tap it out with a hemmer, or slide a putty knife under the collar and work the pin out of the door.
A quick learner from Wilmington. NC says:
I was able to remove the bolt, which looks like a 1/4". It's screwed into a brass nut contraption. I am going to see if I can get a long enough bolt to secure the door in the track.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.