SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Top sash guides 18-166 and Series 390 balances

A quick learner from Killeen, TX says:
I have tried numerous times to add this to th discussion,77-58520 but it keeps telling me
"an error occured with your submission"

I am on my second repair job using the parts I have purchased from you and I noticed a big difference in my top sash guides and the ones I purchased from you. I was not expecting them to be exact and they will work, but I was hoping we could get a little bit closer to the originals. I purchased your #18-166 guides and 390 channel balances. My concern is where the sash guide makes contact with the balance. My originals had a much larger "hold" than the new ones(see pics). I would greatly appreciate if you could possibly see if you have something a little bit closer to my originals as the new ones barely make contact.
Thank You so much for your help! You guys are great and I appreciate your great customer service!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This is a little weird. Can you give me more specific measurements? Look at our 18-166 for reference. I would like each measurement for your top sash guide as we show for the 18-166. Thanks!
A quick learner from Killeen,Texas says:
Gentlemen,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here is a pic of the measurements of my original Sash Guides. Sorry for the crude drawing but I am not much of an artist. I measured this with a cheap Harbor Freight micrometer and many of the measurements came out to 64ths so I converted them to the nearest 1/8th as these are well over 30 years old. The guide on the far left is one of you 18-166s and the one next to it is one of my originals.

Thanks again for all your help and great customer service!
User submitted a photo of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, after extensive research, we have been unable to find this exact top sash guide, but our 18-064 may be a possible match. What do you think? This is used in many Jordan windows.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)