SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Top tilt latch for GA window

A quick learner from Tyler, TX says:
I'm trying to find a LH and RH top tilt latch for a 14 yr old General Aluminum Single hung 3'0 x 6'0 window, the latch is 3 5/8" wide. photo attached.
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I haven't been able to find this exact tilt latch. Could you give us more detailed dimensions? Specifically, I would need to know the width of the latch and the distance between the installation holes. When you measure the distance between the holes, make sure to measure between the center of each hole, not the edges.
A quick learner says:
The distance from center to center of the two Phillips head screws is 2". The plastic part that is screwed down is actually 3 1/2" long not 3 5/8" as listed previously. This same plastic plate is 1" wide. I hope that makes sense and thanks so much for your assistance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I think I have an idea. You could consider our 26-344. Now, it's a little different, but it's fairly close to your specifications. The screw hole center distance is 2" and the total width is 1-1/16". Could that fit on your sash?

Another important dimension Dave forgot to mention is the distance between the first screw hole (the one closest to the jamb) and the edge of the latch housing. For clarification, this same dimension is 3/4" on our 26-344. Take a look at the store page for this product and let me know what this dimension is on your own latch. As long as that measurement matches yours, and as long as the hole spacing is 2", I think it could work. If that measurement is different, though, then we should probably go another route. Let me know!
A quick learner says:
That 1-1/16" width will fit on my sash. I just placed my order for the suggested model above. Thanks so much for your assistance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)