SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Track cover adjustment

A home owner from USA says:
I am considering one of your products but had a couple questions. I have a Peach Tree sliding door with a plastic bottom track that has a space cracked and broken out. I am looking at the item 80-100 to use. It is difficult to measure and know precisely if it will work. Is it possible to adjust the track if it does not slide over the old track easily? Or, do you have another idea of a different product to use? The track measures about 7/8 to 15/32 inches wide and about 3/4 inches tall.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. It really depends. Is this for a sliding glass patio door track or sliding screen door track? Could I also see a few pictures of the track in question? That will give us a better idea of what you have. Thanks!
Attached are a few pictures to show the track, as best as I can. One picture is the obvious broken region. I was able to "fix it" using a 5/16 in. steel rod for a while, but that is not adequate at this time. Your product appears that it would help in this situation, if we can get the correct size.
Thank you
User submitted photos of a door track
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say. For the 80-100, it's not just the size of the rail but also what kind of clearance you have under the door. With these images alone, I can't really confirm if it can work for you. Also, can you confirm for me whether or not this is a sliding glass door track or a screen door track?
Measurements of 80-100
The door we are wishing to help is a sliding glass door track, not a screen door track. How else can I give you information to assist. Would different pictures help?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 80-100 is for a sliding glass door track, so that's good. Pictures at this point won't really help much. You will have to carefully measure your track and the clearance under your door and use your best judgement. That said, I think the 80-100 may be your best bet.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)