SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Track cover for sliding glass door

A quick learner from Delaware says:
I have a sliding glass door with a damaged track. Looking at your replacement track covers, the dimensions do not seem to match what I am measuring.

The rail/track that the door rides on appears to be T shaped with a width of 1/8" and a height of 1/2" and length 59".
It looks like the slot in the door is less that the 1/4" your small track covers provide.

Does this sounds typical and do you have a track cover that will work?

I have attached pictures of the complete track and a close picture of the T shaped rail showing the damaged area.
User submitted photos of sliding door track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I think our ordinary track cover, 80-103, may work, but you might be better off with the 80-100 tall track cover. That one might be a better fit, but just make sure you have the head room to clear the track when reinstalling the sliding door.

You may also want to see our handy tutorial video on how to install these covers.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)