SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Track slider for 39-253R

A home owner from Boston says:
Hello, Purchased 39-253R from you but when I can not remove the track slider from the old operator. Please see attached picture of track slider.. Is there some specific way of removing it?
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... I see what you mean. The 39-253R is very similar aside from that one detail. The only function that piece serves is sliding along the track on the sash, so if you change the track, as well, then that may fix your problem. The 39-253R is meant to work with the 39-529 slider and 39-528 track. If you replace your old track with the 39-528, and then pop the 39-529 on the end of the 39-253R's arm, I think it could work. What are your thoughts?
A quick learner from Boston says:
those seem wider than the old track and slider will not fit under the window. see attached pic.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 39-528 track is 13/16" wide. I'm afraid this is our only replacement option at this time. We do not have an exact match for your original operator.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)