Traco Commercial Quality Door Rollers

A handy person from San Francisco, CA says:
Hello, I am trying to replace the rollers for my Traco Commercial quality Aluminum Double panel sliding balcony door. I believe that the door model is Traco TR-8300 but I need to confirm since there is no sticker on the frame. The door is approximately 15 years old. The frame depth is 5 5/8" with screen and 4 5/8" without screen. I found a possible replacement for these rollers to be part #81-247 but would like to confirm with you that this this is the correct part to purchase. Also one of the installers told me that the old rollers failed because they are not heavy-duty enough for the weight of the doors and that it is recommended that these should be replaced by a heavier-duty roller. Do you carry a better roller for this sliding door? Finally, is it possible to just remove the sliding half of the door to replace the roller. Thanks in advance for a prompt response to my email: bobllee@hotmail.com
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot confirm exactly what roller the Traco 8300 series door uses, but I've known them to use our 81-018 tandem roller in the past. Since you're in san Francisco, you might want to consider the stainless steel version, the 81-149, instead. The adjusting screw is on the bottom door rail facing the interior. Look for a plastic plug covering the screw head. At the end of the day, though, the only way to be sure of what roller you need is to take yours out of the door and refer to our pictures and information. I know that's a project, but it's just how these doors were designed, I'm afraid.
A handy person from San Francisco says:
Thanks for the response. For the Traco 8300 sliding door, do I have to remove BOTH the fixed door panel as well as the sliding door panel in order to remove the bottom rollers?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I believe you must remove the outside stationary door first, then the sliding door. They should all be removed from the outside of the building.
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.