SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Traco Parts

A contractor from Grayslake, IL says:
i have a few clips, a balance holder and a balance that i need to identify. the balance is 5/8" by 42.5" commercial non-tilt. the brown clip has "H-501 L" mark on it. the small yellow clip has "4610.108" number on it. the aluminum part does not have any marks.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! This may be a specially made balance. Could you tell me if there are any stamps or markings on the balance tube itself? Can you also confirm that the balance length you have is just the tube by itself? We only measure the tube when determining length.
A contractor from Grayslake, IL says:
There is no markings, and the measurement its just for the tube like you will measure a regular balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience. If there are no markings on the balance, then we will need the weight of the sash. These balances are precisely calibrated to the exact sash weight. Usually the stamp is enough to tell us what you need. As for the pivot shoe, that's not the normal type Traco used. Could you give me its width and thickness? can you also show me the pivot bar that went with it?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)