SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Traco Turning Lever Replacement Part - 2 5/8" Long x 3/16"

A quick learner from Morton Grove says:
Hello Customer Service,

Traco Turning Lever Replacement Part - 2 5/8" Long x 3/16"

I am looking for a replacement metal part for a Traco Turning Lever that is 2 5/8" Long x 3/16" wide (See pics). The Traco lever is from a sliding door and is approx. 18 yrs old.

It is similar to Product Code: 82-106 but not quite.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. That is a very long turning lever tail! Can you tell me how thick your door is?
A quick learner from Morton Grove says:
I did not measure the door thickness but I do have a picture of the door and the mortise latch the turning lever tail went into. This weekend, I am going to see if I can just flip the metal piece around and see if that will work because the worn out area seems to be on the short end. (See Pics)
User submitted image of their door hardware.
A professional from CA says:
I'll bet the tail is going all the way into the cylinder on the outside. How far is it to the centerline of the mortise? He will probably need 82-231 and a new cylinder. There is a longer lever available, but it is only 1-3/8".
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Huh... looking at your door, I'm not sure why your lever tail is so long. I think our friend from California is right: it's possible you have a key cylinder in the outside handle that doesn't have a tail, which would require an extra long lever tail to reach all the way through the door.

I would suggest something like our 82-231. Now, this has a 1-1/4" tail which I believe should be long enough to activate the mortise lock, just by eyeballing your picture above. However, you may also need a new key cylinder to replace the old one, if it functions the way we suspect. See our 82-310 and 82-303 to start out, or the outside handle that comes with one, our 82-306. Let me know what you think of this solution.
A professional from CA says:
I talked to a person on the phone who had a similar problem. I have not seen one in person, so it was hard to figure out from his description, but it would seem he had a tail that went all the way from inside handle to outside cylinder. Get a new cylinder. Cut each tail off at the center of the mortise. Make sure they are close but not touching. If they touch they are likely to bind. Take into account the fact that most vinyl doors compress a little when you tighten the handle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)