SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Traco Window Latch

A home owner from Burke VA says:
I require 4 LH and 4 RH latches as replacement to the one shown in the photo. What is the part # I should order and how do I replace them?

Thank you,
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks a lot like our 26-243 and 26-244. Just make sure that the tip, or "tooth" of these latches matches your own.

To replace these, you will first have to remove the sash entirely from the window. Then, place a flat-head screwdriver at the back of the latch and gently knock it out of the frame by tapping the screwdriver with a hammer. To install the new one, line it up in the slot and simply slide it in by hand. Once it's near the very end, lightly tap it with a hammer to lock it in.
A home owner from Burke VA says:
26-243 and 26-244 seems to be having different dimension. The one I am looking for has length 2 7/8 inches and width 3/4 inches. Model 26-390 and 26-391 seems to be a closer match. Am I correct???
Thank you,
Jacob Abraham
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's certainly possible, but it's hard to say without seeing the tooth of your latch, or seeing how thick it is once removed from the window. If the dimensions and style match our 26-390 and 26-391, then I think they're a good place to start.
A quick learner from Burke VA says:
Thank you for the tip on removing the latch. It came off without any problem. One I removed looks like a perfect match for 26-390 and 26-391 especially when viewed from the underside.
Thank you for the help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)