Traco window balance replacement

A quick learner from USA says:
My balance springs broke on one side of my Traco window. See attached photo. It appears to have 3 sections of springs. The double hung tilt in window is large - overall dimension is 48
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. It looks like you have the coil spring balance system. All the nylon fittings seem to be fine, I pulled them up for you to review. However, the coil springs look broken and they are under Series 180. We will need the number stamped on the coil when you place your order. Let us know if this helps!
A quick learner from USA says:
I just ordered 3 of the S180-6 springs. A 6 was on the old broken spring.

Question - My cut out at the top of the window track is not large enough to remove the 3 coil spring assembly at once. Can I remove the tandem housings 1 at a time from the track?

Question - Do all 3 coil springs attach to the mounting bracket? or are somehow attached to each other.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for the order! All three coil springs will be hooked on the 16-024. While removing the balance altogether, you might be able to pop out one tandem housing at a time, but usually you should be able to pull it all out in one go.
A home owner from Littleton Colorado says:
My coil spring broke and sprung up to the mounting bracket. I'm looking for someone familiar with Traco to fix this single hung window. window measure 33_ wide by 28" long. Other parts appear similar to parts you show. I suspect I may need the tandem coil housing and the coil housing pivot - as those may be broken also. If you could recommend a contractor in my area who is familiar with this Traco style - I'd ask them to verify my diagnosis - without that if you could comment that will help me pick the right parts. Your notes and video provide a great resource to help with my investigation.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid that I don't have any contacts in my area, so I won't be able to recommend anyone. I'm also not sure what balances your window uses. Your next step should be to carefully review the pictures and information we show for each product recommended in this thread, especially dimensions. That should confirm for you whether or not these are what you have now. Comparing physical design and size is the #1 best way to determine what parts would work for your window.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.