Traco Window Replacement Coil Balances

A contractor from maryland says:
my questioin is the windows I am trying to repair have a stackable coil balance with the stamp on the esiting is 7Y

will your series 140 quick tilt balance triple work for me
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Without seeing what system you have now, I am afraid I can't really say for sure what Coil Balance series you need. It's possible it could be the Series 140, but it may very well be any of our other options. These Coil Balance assemblies are typically brand-independent, meaning any number of manufacturers may use any given system. The only way to identify for sure what you have would be to remove your existing coil balance system from the window and send us photos. Additionally, if you could tell us the width and thickness of the assembly housing or pivot shoe, that would be a great help--these dimensions are very important. In short, please take a few pictures of your existing balance system along with those dimensions and we can work from there.

A contractor from maryland says:
Here is the system we have in place the dimensions
are 1/2 thick x by 1 1/4 width and length 4"
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for getting back to us. Based on what I can see of the system, and the reported dimensions, I believe you have our Series 180 Coil Balances. If your old accessories are undamaged you may be able to reuse them; otherwise, this system also uses the 15-087 Pivot Shoe, the 15-086 Tandem Housing, as well as the 16-024 Mounting Bracket. Let me know what you think. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.