Tribeca Gliding Door Keyed Lock

A quick learner from Gasport, NY says:
Please help! I have the 82-316 LH Gliding Door Keyed Lock which is supposed to work with the 82-043 Tribeca thumb latch. The thumb latch currently on my son's sliding door is just like the 82-043, but just older. My issue is this: the spindle on this Tribeca thumb latch is not long enough to meet with the receiver on this new 82-316 keyed lock! I cannot figure this out, yet everyone here on your site is happy that they work together. How can that be? The spindle length on the thumb latches seemed to all be the same length, yet it doesn't reach! I considered adding a spindle to this keyed lock, but it doesn't seem possible. I do see where there's a similar keyed lock WITH a spindle so the two can meet, but i think it won't fit with the mortise lock assembly in the door. I so hope you can help me figure this out! It IS an Anderson sliding door, AND the thumb latch IS a Tribeca Anderson latch. Help!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure why you're have trouble. The length of the thumb turn spindle on the 82-043 is 1-3/8" long. Check to see that your existing spindle on your old thumb turn is the same length. That could be the problem. The spindle receptor in the 82-316 only comes in the one length, I don't think the manufacturer made any alternate versions. It may be possible that this is not the hardware meant for your door, and whoever installed your original hardware altered it in some way so that it would work.
A quick learner says:
Thank you! I actually had a feeling the issue might be the existing spindle. It is only about 1/2" in length, so now I know that is way too short. It doesn't look like it's cut, but that's the only conclusion I can come up with! I will of course be ordering a new thumb latch! Thank you so much again for explaining this in detail.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.