SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Trouble installing 80-102

A quick learner from North Las Vegas says:
After Purchasing A 6 ft Track Cover and watching your video I attempted to install the track Cover but crushed it trying to snap it on, what a great expense for nothing.I was Wondering if a Replacement Track would go over the existing track and I could screw it down instead of hammering it on. I think what I was Looking at was the ( 80-106 Small 1/4 inch door Track. Please Advise I can not afford wasting money. Please Advise Thanks Bob Wilbert
A quick learner from North Las Vegas says:
Can you please answer the above question if you can install replacement track over the existing track roller section.does it fit over the existing track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the 80-102. It should just snap over the track rail. I wonder if your track is wider than standard. To install the 80-106, you will need to cut away your existing rail at the bottom of the main frame of the door.

Alternatively, you could look at our 80-100 track cover. This one is 9/16" and can go completely over the existing track. The caveat is, you have to make sure you have the room, since it's much taller than the 80-102.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)