SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Trouble with 70-019 and 70-118

A home owner from Riverside Ca. says:
Hello, I recently ordered some screen hangers from you, part# 70-118 &70-019. I am finally getting ready to hang my screens when I discovered that the slot on the female portion of the hanger is not long enough to accept the male portion and hang flat. Thank you for your help.
CJ
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The "female" hanger for the 70-118 is actually not made anymore, and no longer available. It is not related to the 70-019 and the two parts are not meant to go together. Both items are in limited supply because modern window manufacturers have completely eliminated any need for this kind of hardware.

One solution you could try is to trim the leg of the 70-118 to fit into the 70-019.
A quick learner from Riverside says:
Hi Paul,
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I know these took me so long to find in the first place. I appreciate the suggestion. That was pretty much our alternate solution. It would have been nice if it was mentioned on the site that they do not work together. Thanks
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)