Trouble with 84-075 and 84-028

A home owner from Portsmouth NH says:
Sirs:
I recently purchased from you two Peachtree Patio Rollers (Steel), Item # 84-075. These were to replace Item #84-028, which I have found to be lacking in durability.

Unfortunately, the steel replacements do not appear to be satisfactory replacements. The distance between the center of the attaching screw and the stop in the steel version is 7/16", whereas in the 84-028 it is 9/16".
As a result it is not possible to attach the steel roller using the pre-drilled hole in the frame, as it is impossible to line up the attaching holes.

Below are images of what I thought was 84-028, the nylon version of 84-075. Is it possible that the nylon item is something different?

Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Richard A
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photos I agree that our 84-028 is the closest match. I went in the back just now and compared both this and the 84-075, and it does appear that the 84-075 attaching screw isn't in the exact location as on the 84-028. Why Peachtree made a metal version of the same roller but didn't match the installation holes is a little strange to me. I've been in this business a long time and I still don't understand the logic of some manufacturers. However, I don't believe it should effect the operation of the roller. The difference is frankly not all that munch. Take note that the metal housing takes an 8-32 machine screw. Take a look at the 33-054 or the 33-096 to see which length you need to attach the 84-075 to your screen. A hardware store in your area should be able to supply, too.
How to replace a Peachtree screen door roller
How to replace a Peachtree screen door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.