Trouble with installing 82-261

A quick learner from Inver Grove Heights, MN says:
Hi,

I was working on installing the new handleset 82-261 & having a few issues.

1) The actual lock cylinder won't fit into the round hole for it in the outside door handle. Even after removing the locking horseshoe/pin, the diameter is slightly too large & I can't get one bit of it to fit inside.

2) I was considering using the plates since mine is an older door showing its age, but the smooth ended receiver pegs (don't know what else to call them) that face to the outside won't fit in the 4 corner holes in the plate. Why wouldn't they come properly sized - am I supposed to just drill those wider?

Please advise so I can finish installation
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. For the key cylinder, try using a rat tail file to widen the hole for it a little bit. That may help you install it. As for the corner mounting holes, I have never noticed that the holes were too small for the through bolts at the corners. I have always used pop rivets to install the plate, personally. If you do use the bolts provided then you may have to drill out the holes to be a little larger.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.